dvipng

`-bg Transparent` option isn't ignored when background color is set in d

From: Sébastien Miquel
Subject: `-bg Transparent` option isn't ignored when background color is set in dvi file
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 17:41:11 +0000

Hi,

The manual says that the `-bg` option is ignored if a background color
is set in the DVI, however this doesn't seem to be the case if `-bg
Transparent` is used.

To reproduce, I used a tex file with the following content.
#+BEGIN_SRC latex
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{xcolor}
\title{Text}
\begin{document}
\maketitle
\definecolor{bg}{rgb}{0.858, 0.188, 0.478} % magenta
\pagecolor{bg}
\end{document}
#+END_SRC

Then compile it using
#+BEGIN_SRC bash
latex -interaction nonstopmode test_latex_bg.tex
dvipng -bg Transparent -o test.png test_latex_bg.dvi
#+END_SRC

The resulting png is Transparent instead of magenta. If I specify `-bg
Blue` instead, the background is set to magenta, as expected.

Is this behaviour intended ?

Regards,

--
Sébastien Miquel