dvipng

dvipng error HELP

From: Neal Mayer
Subject: dvipng error HELP
Date: Fri, 7 May 2021 00:16:09 +0000

Dear Sirs,

I just downloaded the MiKTeX package for my Windows 10 computer. I have created a .tex file and compiled it with the command line “latex ex.tex”. That worked just fine.

I then wanted to convert that to a .png so I used the command “dvipng -bg Transparent -fg white ex.dvi"

I received this error message – “dvipng warning: unimplemented color specification 'white' [1 <raw PostScriptdvipng warning: No image output from inclusion of raw PostScript >]”

I am not sure I am concerned about the PostScript warning; but what has be concerned is the “unimplemented color specification” warning.

I tried “-fg white”, “-fg rgb 1.0 1.0 1.0”, “-fg cmy 1.0 1.0 1.0”, etc. No color specifications work. I have read the documentation including the section on color and found examples given in the documentation; but nothing works.

My guess is there is something missing from the MiKTeX package installation; but I have no idea what or how to fix it.

Can you help? Please.

Thank you very much,

Neal Mayer

Townsville, Queensland, Australia