Re: [Duplicity-talk] Diagnosing "blob exists error" with Azure backend

From: R Tyler Croy
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Diagnosing "blob exists error" with Azure backend
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2023 20:50:16 +0000

(replies inline)

------- Original Message -------
On Sunday, April 2nd, 2023 at 8:35 AM, Kenneth Loafman <kenneth@loafman.com> wrote:

Hi,

Look here for an explanation. The issue is between two versions of azure. If I read this correctly you may need to do:

$ sudo python3 install --update azure-storage-blob==12.14.1

The bug is against the cli version, not the pip module. I had to try and match dates. You may need to go back even further, see list.

I tried pinning 12.14.1 that had not improved the situation. For example:

Giving up after 1 attempts. ResourceExistsError: The specified blob already exists.
RequestId:0651abac-901e-00ad-5a24-6bb478000000
Time:2023-04-09T20:44:47.5390359Z
ErrorCode:BlobAlreadyExists

Perhaps the path forward would be to clear whatever in progress state that there might be and restart a new incremental backup?

Let us know how it goes. We may need to fiddle with the requirements.txt file to lock the version.

...Ken