Re: [Duplicity-talk] Can't use duplicity sftp

From: Julien Henry
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Can't use duplicity sftp
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 13:11:31 +0000

Thanks for the reply,

> how exactly are you connecting via sftp command line? can you give an
> example where access/auth works for you? are you using key auth?

You can see below what I used (I only used the password of the user of
the NAS).

julien@julien-Latitude-E7440:~$ sftp Julien@192.168.10.3
Julien@192.168.10.3's password:
Connected to 192.168.10.3.
sftp> exit

> did you try providing te passphrase via env var FTP_PASSWORD (despite
> the name it works for all backends)? it's described here
> http://duplicity.us/vers8/duplicity.1.html#environment-variables

I use to use it in my backup script. But I didn't during my command
line trials with my NAS. When I use the FTP_PASSWORD variable, it
works. Thanks for pointing this!

> this is *wrong*!
> --ssh-options="-oIdentityFile=/home/julien/.ssh/known_hosts"
>
> the identityfile needs to be a private key and used in case key auth
> was set up beforehand! public key needs to be set up on the target
> box.

OK. Thanks for the information.

If this can help someone, I had to add the lines below at the
beginning of my script (as it is in in my user home directory) in order
for it to work (thanks to an old message in this mailing list).

HOME=/home/julien
export PATH HOME

Best regards,
Julien