dmidecode-devel

Re: [dmidecode] OEM type 236 for HPe Gen10(+) servers

From: Erwan Velu
Subject: Re: [dmidecode] OEM type 236 for HPe Gen10(+) servers
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 22:21:20 +0100

Le ven. 6 nov. 2020 à 20:38, Jerry Hoemann <jerry.hoemann@hpe.com> a écrit :
[..]

> Sorry, I don't understand.
>
> Why can you not put this change inside of dmi_decode_hp()?

That's was my first try but it failed as the vendor is not yet known when
we are parsing the DMI table.
As the vendor is still undefined, the hpe quirks cannot be used.
I suggested to Ehsan (you probably know from the chasing team) to move this
OEM handle after the regular one so we have the vendor defined.
That's what I saw on a XL225N with Bios 1.30.

Erwan,