dmidecode-devel

Re: [dmidecode] Getting the speed of RAM using dmidecode

From: Mark Ryden
Subject: Re: [dmidecode] Getting the speed of RAM using dmidecode
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 11:12:50 +0200

Jeans,

First - thanks a lot! it worked ! Great !

Second:
it gave me :
2 banks:
Fundamental Memory type in both is DDR2 SDRAM

on one bank:
Maximum module speed                            666MHz (PC2-5300)

and on the second:
Maximum module speed                            400MHz (PC2-3200)

So I guess my PC is working with the lowest speed (400 Mhz) for both
RAM sticks (and I should consider upgrading).

Another thing which occurred to me after running this:
what is (PC2-5300) in first bank and (PC2-3200) in the second ? does
this has anything to do with speed?

Rgs,
Mark