Re: Notes on GNUstep meeting

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Notes on GNUstep meeting
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 22:38:41 -0400

I came a little after you left, so did Fred.  What was discussed after that point was the following:

* Also saw Marco's tools that he and his team are using to develop games...  VERY VERY VERY impressive.
  * Also saw his GWorkspace changes, he has renamed GWorkspace to Workspace and we should consider some of his changes
  * I don't know if he was using GCC to build his stuff or clang.

* We also discussed documentation. Is retiring autogsdoc something we may want to consider?
* Retiring autogsdoc would have the following advantages
  * We would not have to maintain something that is outside of the responsibility of the project, a documentation generator can be left to another project to do and there are ones that do it better.
  * It would allow us to leverage the work done by others on projects that are dedicated to doing this.
  * We could keep the output of the HTML as fancy or as simple as we wish
* It would also have the following disadvantages:
  * We might need to redo some of the commits in the code so that it can be properly parsed.

* I also spoke to Fred about the changes I am making for view-based tables.

I believe most of the other things we discussed were the same as what you mentioned in your email.  Amazingly I think we continued for about 5 hours more after I arrived.  I apologize for arriving late.

Yours, GC