Re: Reminder!!! GNUstep meeting 12:30-1:30est

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Reminder!!! GNUstep meeting 12:30-1:30est
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 23:17:58 +0200

Hi Fred!

a pity you and Gregory couldn't make it. It was a nice meeting... I participated for 1h48' even if I had to procastinate dinner with my parents a little.

Fred Kiefer wrote:
I cannot make it on Saturday. We have an invitation from friends and I won’t be
back in time.

My point for the discussion would be the same as last time, to prepare a shared
release of all core libraries. My contribution could be to write up the news
sections for gui and back but somebody else would have to cut the releases. The
first step should be to step a release date let#s say in a months time.

we agreed with Richard on a release about the end of Month of May.
He will be away for  week, I will be away for a couple of days end of April. Later we can work on it. I will try to be available for hacking evenings on Mondays and Tuesday up to squash what needed.

We agreed on the following:

1) for May, set a feature freeze, so limit PR and fixes only to bug fixes and be careful also with bigger bug fixes 2) fix the issue about tests failing for missing file for URL checks, best is to have an local web server independent of network availability. Right now the issue is now widespread and happens also on systems with unrestricted network access 3) we provide for switching the website, so it can be ready for announces. I stated that it is ready enough, much improved than before. Further improvements can be done after publishing and are not blocking

Cheers,

Riccardo