Re: Failing tests on MSVC in libs-base

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Failing tests on MSVC in libs-base
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 00:23:42 +0200

Hi,

Ivan Vučica wrote:
I saw this: this was recently addressed by replacing probe of example.org/silly-url-test because example.org started returning 503 or similar for that URL instead of 404.

Incoming PR addressed this on every other platform by replacing example.org with another piece of infrastructure we don’t fully control, gnustep.github.io, so I merged it. (As I mentioned on that PR, worse solution would be if it depended on our infrastructure: DNS, Nginx, … on gnustep.org. Then any flake on home.gnustep.org or with Gandi for DNS would also start people’s tests failing.)

I don't think this was the correct solution. Gregory added a file to the websites, but that's not the intent of a 404!
Also, I think it is case-sensitive.

I don't think the PR was a good one? RIght now we fail on windows (just checked) and FreeBSD, Linux... so it is a consistent "broken" behaviour, not just windows.

Riccardo