Re: Change of scope for Cacao Linux effort

From: Daniel Boyd
Subject: Re: Change of scope for Cacao Linux effort
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 22:22:46 -0500

Donated. Can’t afford much at the moment unfortunately, but definitely a worthy cause!

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 19, 2024, at 20:50, Gregory Casamento <greg.casamento@gmail.com> wrote:

All,

After some discussion with some other members of the community I am shifting the focus of this effort.

It is better to focus on two major things:

* compatibility with current APIs in the latest macOS
* a repository that contains official packages that can be overlayed on a number of different distributions

Finally doing both of these things will make creating a distribution on top of Debian Linux or any other rather simple.

To do this I need your contribution and help.  Please do what you can to help.  The go fund me is here:

I’m trying to turn this unintentional downtime into a positive thing for the project.   The only thing the money will go to is keeping the lights, water and the internet working so I can keep cranking out code. :)

Your contributions are very much appreciated.

Yours,
Gregory Casamento
GNUstep Lead Developer / Black Lotus, Principal Consultant
https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=352392 - Become a Patron