Re: WebSite: navigation to bug reporting

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: WebSite: navigation to bug reporting
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 00:07:06 +0100

Hi,

lars.sonchocky-helldorf@hamburg.de wrote:
My opinion to, to long, unstructured texts are a bad thing (in Germany we say
„Bleiwüste“ to this). But hidden stuff is also not the best. The most important
things should be visible at a glance.

To be honest, it has some structurem but I get your point and I agree. Especially the home page should be more a list of pointes. Yet it has grown into an anticipation of lots of (repeated) things because there is the urge of having everything upfront... like having it "first click" is best. However at the end there are a lof of "click links". I share you approach of having references, but I will try to move some of the text "down one level". To do that, however, I need to reorganize the second-level pages a bit too, to avoid repetition, which is boring. I need to split some pages too.
I will work on it gradually to have everything "usable".

I think that once most of the brokeness is fixed, we can switch sites. These are more presentation details that can be continued to be solved later on.

Riccardo