Re: WebSite: navigation to bug reporting

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: WebSite: navigation to bug reporting
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 21:51:56 +0100

Hi,

H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
Indeed. Placing a prominent "Bug" button in front will carry the message that the
Software is "buggy"... So it may have an unintended negative effect.

But "Help"/"Support" is much better, IMHO.

You have a point and I agree. I made a new proposal, I pushed it to the first page only for now, as a test (we don't have unfortunately a test website where to test a branch). So check http://home.gnustep.org

I found we had some similar content in different places, I rationalized it to one place and created a new menu "Support" which has a link to the Mailing List and to Bug reporting.
Thus now "External" Is really just a menu to various resources.

I think it is not a big evil to have 4 menus, we have decent screens and it encourages browsing items (and thus encourages discovery, not needing to put everything in the text).

What do you think?

We could also think of moving the items in "External" with some forcing to the rest of menus.
* GitHub project: under developers
* Wiki : e.g. to support or experience
* Related Sites: under Experience
* Donations: under support (it is support... for us)

Awaiting your comments before propagating the change.

Riccardo