WebSite: navigation to bug reporting

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: WebSite: navigation to bug reporting
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2024 15:38:41 +0100

Hi,

I want to uniform the bug reporting on our website.
Originally, we had a single page on savannah for all projects. I found this better than the current situation of github, were every sub-project has its own issue tracker. This makes reclassifying a bug impossible and also confuse newcomers.

But is what it is, I created a single page which should help as a collector and points to te trackers of the most common projects.
See it here: https://home.gnustep.org/bugs.html

We also had a wiki page: https://mediawiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Report_Bugs
But the wiki was not available for a long time and also, now it needs to be promoted.

It would be best if bugs.gnuste.org could point to https://home.gnustep.org/bugs.html eventually.

But question: where to put the navigation?
Under a "menu" like you can see here: https://home.gnustep.org/index.html
(name of menu and structure are another topic, current name is "External")

Or on a separate item, maybe even in a prominent place like at right, as here: https://home.gnustep.org/jigs/index.html

Both have pro&con,  say yours.

Riccardo