Re: Audio and Midi with GNUstep on Linux

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Audio and Midi with GNUstep on Linux
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 11:24:48 -0500

Wow. This looks amazing!!  Very cool!

Gregory Casamento
https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=352392 - Become a Patron

On Sun, Feb 11, 2024 at 09:56 info@mclarenlabs.com <info@mclarenlabs.com> wrote:
We've released the alpha version of our ALSA Sound Kit and McLaren Synth Kit along with some demonstration programs.  The first library enables Audio and MIDI access on Linux, and the second provides a graph-based audio processing toolkit.  Units like oscillators, envelopes, filters and reverb are the elements from which notes may be built.

Our goal was to make experimenting with Audio and MIDI easy and fun using GNUstep on Linux.

One of the more interesting demos involves tying audio and MIDI objects together with StepTalk.  An eventual goal is producing a more full-featured audio/midi toolbox with StepTalk as its scripting language.  Take a look here and try it out some of the demos if interested.

    https://github.com/mclarenlabs/libs-mclaren-alpha

And read about the software design here

    https://mclarenlabs.github.io/libs-mclaren-alpha/

I'm interested in feedback too, especially on how building and installing goes.

The project is a little light on visualizualitions and GUI elements, but the audio machinery is fairly robust, IMO.

Cheers
Tom