Re: website & ftp downloads update

From: Daniel Boyd
Subject: Re: website & ftp downloads update
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 09:38:07 -0500

I’m very much in favor of protesting the unnecessary obsolescence of perfectly
good technologies, but FTP is a pretty terrible protocol. Securing an FTP
server properly is a bit of a minefield, particularly if you need to
accommodate active mode. Of course, many tools and methods exist to do that,
but it’s kind of silly to think how much collective effort the open source
community has put into working around the flaws and limitations of FTP :)

Sent from my iPhone