Re: Brutal review…

From: Xavier
Subject: Re: Brutal review…
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 20:31:11 +0200

Le 19 octobre 2023 16:50:37 GMT+02:00, Riccardo Mottola
<riccardo.mottola@libero.it> a écrit :
>Hi,
>
>Daniel Boyd wrote:
>> Right—your packages install into /usr/local instead of /usr/GNUstep, right?
>>
>> I kind of like the /usr/GNUstep setup, but I could also see the Debian
>> people preferring the other. I think the official packages should
>> probably mirror what Debian would want.

>If we provide our reference packages, they should install in
>/usr/GNUstep or, even better, in /System, /Local: that is the "real" GS
>experience in my opinion. So that you open GWorkspace and see your apps
>in /System/Applications or /Local/Applications

What about using /opt/GNUstep with symlinks for /System and /Local ?

It would help users to locate GnuStep things, to add applications wrappers and
to clean system in case of a self compiled install.
It would also to install  incompatible libs version.

And it would simplify things for beginners.

Xavier