Re: Brutal review…

From: Thomas
Subject: Re: Brutal review…
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 15:14:19 +0200

Last time when I installed Gnustep on my Raspberry I used gnustep-buildfrom Patryk Laurent.
I had some trouble as a Mac-User and  LINUX novice to find out what is necessary as the installation didn´t run complete.

First: It stopped due to missing libs  ->  /etc/apt/sources.list    multimedia repositories necessary (for Debian).
Maybe it would possible (useful) to test the entries in the list per script?

Second: The path of installation. Is it possible to link to the /usr/local  when the installation is in /usr/GNUstep per script automatically? It would have the effect that all apps from the „normal“ Debian xfce or Gnome Surface
are also in the App-Menue in the Window Manager and normal LINUX user wouldn´t have the feeling that everything is totally strange …..

This guy who was the the reason for this talk would drive a car via vi and Terminal  if such a would exists and never arrive elsewhere… :-)