Re: Brutal review…

From: Daniel Boyd
Subject: Re: Brutal review…
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 22:15:53 +0000 (UTC)

Yeah you're right -- that was oversimplifying.

I think you need several metapackages

metapackages for running gnustep apps
gnustep -- synonym for gnustep-clang (at least I think that should be the default)
gnustep-gcc
gnustep-clang

metapackages for developing gnustep apps
gnustep-dev (installs gnustep-clang-dev)
gnustep-gcc-dev
gnustep-clang-dev

And then that way if you're developing an app that requires libobjc2, you can just add gnustep-clang as a dependency. (I'm not sure gcc/clang is the best approach. objc1/objc2 might be better...? Regardless, I think you name it whatever would be most obvious to someone new to the project.)