Re: Brutal review…

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Brutal review…
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 23:39:14 +0200

Hi,

Daniel Boyd wrote:

Project goal should be for the instructions to get a working gnustep environment (in Debian) to be as simple as:

> sudo apt install gnustep

that's oversimplifying, but something along a couple of virtual packages like "gnustep core" "gnustep development" "gnustep games" "gnustep net apps" (if we had more than gnumail...)could do. A "gnustep full" is a bit overkill, but for whom wants it would be also easy to do. I don't know how xfce or gnome do things nowadays, because I always go the "cherry-pick" route there too.

These would just pull in the proper selection of packages which should be separately available. Not even that hard, even on debian. Debian has most stuff already, except some long-standing missing things.

With our private repo, even easier then. A thing to remember would be to make them incompatible with the offical debian packages or something similar, do be sure that they don't get mixed up.

Riccardo