Protected branches

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Protected branches
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 04:07:43 -0400

Hey guys.

I’m wondering.  Should we start using protected branches in github?   This would prevent accidental (or malicious) pushing on the master/main branch without proper approvals.

Is this something we should put in place?  We have been operating just fine without it, but I thought I would open the topic for discussion.

The reason I bring it up is because it is a technique I have used with git in the past at previous positions as well as now with Keysight.

 This feature is not specific to GitHub as it also exists on gitlab and other platforms.

Any thoughts?

Yours, GC