Re: GS based app release: djay by Algoriddim in Beta

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GS based app release: djay by Algoriddim in Beta
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 16:34:39 +0200

Hi,

lars.sonchocky-helldorf@hamburg.de wrote:
At least we can strive for giving the best possible information on our website. But that means no text-overladen pages. Short and to the point would be preferable, even bullet points with html-links to a bit longer passages of the related topic further down the homepage.

I agree with a terse presentation, short page means also you cannot link everythign from the homepage.

Sorry, if then attention span is too short for one or two clicks... get lost on youtube

One click away may be the click not taken. I’d say state it as short as
possible on the front page and give more details further down the page (linked
with an anchor). If necessary divert from there to a sub page. Just my 2 cent …

I disagree with putting everything on the front page, it is not good... you give topics and drill down. I don't like the implications of your desire...
It doesn't match other designs either.

check gnome, gtk, xfce websites... the homepage is very terse, even more than ours, then you click around and explore. Actually, I don't intend to copy them, since e.g. I find the gnome website too much dumbed down.... the xfce a little be to playful.

However, the concept.. menus... is not too dissimilar from ours.

Then point taken, our sites quite lacks certian part compared to those.... just proving the point that if you want something, you need to nagivate from the homepage.

Riccardo