Re: Our self-presentation, not just on our website. (Was: Re: GS based a

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Our self-presentation, not just on our website. (Was: Re: GS based app release: djay by Algoriddim in Beta)
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 15:35:14 +0200

Hi,

lars.sonchocky-helldorf@hamburg.de wrote:
We once had a wiki. we could revive it and collect all this information there as a start and then start to organize it (structure in into documentation, how tos and so on. write articles, link software repos and Linux packages).

How would that be? Should we try to get the wiki back online and start collection information there?

yes we should, we were working on that - we need to migrate its content. We need to complete that. The more I am scouring through the website to update it, the more I think that just removing wiki links removes important information.

In my opinion it was a invaluable source of content, especially suited to present also in-progress, draft work.

Many project are organized this way - a simple, main website and a wiki which is more user-cotnributed, dynamic. I always supported this.

Check MacPorts, GTK, XFCE... they are more ore or less split this way.

Riccardo