Questions about WindowMaker's Alpha and Shadow

From: dr_clow
Subject: Questions about WindowMaker's Alpha and Shadow
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 19:39:17 -0500

I have been following some of the code back form NSWindow to see what it
ultimately calls. I see that setAlphaValue and setHasShadow: all call back to
similar methods in x11/XGServerWindow.m . I noticed they were non-functional,
but the methods there are not simply stubs, they have code in them. The
setShadow refer to _NET_WM_WINDOW_SHADOW_ATOM , so I assume these were intended
to work, but a shadow doesn't appear on the window.

I would love some more context if possible! Thanks!

- Austin