Bridge from Swift to Objective-C (GNUStep Runtime) via C or other method

From: dr_clow
Subject: Bridge from Swift to Objective-C (GNUStep Runtime) via C or other method
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 15:41:54 -0500

I am very interested in building a bridge between Swift and GNUStep's
Objective-C Runtime.

Given that the Objective-C implementation provided by GNUStep doesn't interact
directly with Swift as Swift can with Apple's Objective-C runtime, I was
wondering if there was a way to call into GNUStep from C. If someone could show
me an example of a way to call into GNUStep using either C as a bride though a
Swift project or directly from Swift, I would be more than willing to start
building a bridge. I just don't currently understand how to do it.

I malignly want to do this so I could more rapidly build software for OnFlapp's
GNUStep Desktop, but I think this would ultimately benefit everyone.