Re: GNUMail Feedback

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUMail Feedback
Date: Tue, 02 May 2023 23:57:52 +0200

Hi Marco!

On 2023-04-25 07:46:42 +0200 Marco Cawthorne <marco@icculus.org> wrote:

I've been test driving the latest changes to Pantomime and GNUMail
(r868)
and it's simply been wonderful.  No buts, no wishes or feature
requests - that's it.  I am just really happy - it's been real
rock solid to me and has served my crazy setup with lots of inboxes
well.

Happy that it serves you well! Ineed, I must admit I am happy too... after years, there were a couple of fixes that were a turning point in stability, fixing things that hunted me for years.

Still, there are a couple of "buts"... dig hard enough :) But slowly, they will come!

It's real snappy too - Thunderbird's got nothing on this!

Well, Thunderbird is a XUL app, everything is rendered in HTML. Very powerful, but GNUMail is GNUstep native!

Thank you Riccardo for all the work and all the prep that went into
debugging
all those nasty issues us users ran into. This rocks!

Thanks a lot... it is goot to read some words of appreciation! Sometimes GNUstep seems to have no users :)

I must share the thanks also with fellows that pointed me to the right fixes, like Fred and Richard and those who reported bug which I looked into.

Cheers,

Riccardo

--
Sent with GNUMail on GNUstep on Gentoo running on a ThinkPad T510i-i5.