Re: Need some help to download GNUstep for Windows

From: Frederik Seiffert
Subject: Re: Need some help to download GNUstep for Windows
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2023 14:22:43 +0100

You can download an Objective-C toolchain for Windows using Clang here:
https://github.com/gnustep/tools-windows-msvc

Note that this currently doesn’t include the libs-gui library (aka. AppKit) for GUI development, but it sounds like you might not need that anyway.

I would recommend using Clang 13 which comes bundled with Visual Studio 2019, as Clang 14 and 15 have a number of issues with Objective-C (see readme). The upcoming Clang 16 fixes those.

Frederik