Re: Need some help to download GNUstep for Windows

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Need some help to download GNUstep for Windows
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 19:48:00 +0100

Hi Juhyun,

Juhyun Park wrote:
Hello,

I'm new to Object-C,
and I'd like to practice it on Windows 10.

I found your site to install and practice Object-C,
however there is some error to access ftp server.

I checked GIT to download files but I think there is no file that I need.

How can I download these files?

- GNUstep MSYS System
- GNUstep Core
- GNUstep Devel

I found this list from here : https://gnustep.github.io/windows/installer.html

I hope this is the right address to ask for this question.

Those installers were a bit obsolete anyway.... the best bet would be to download and install msys2 package system, which we support in the meanwhile. Then you can install the binary dependencies and use directly gnustep, like you were on linux.

I'd recommend using gcc on windows: the objc2 route is complicated due to libobjc2 not building with msys2. You get something anyway much more advanced than the old files mentioned above.

I made a tutorial which helped choosing the packages and the main configure options, however our wiki server is down and it is not backed up like the static site on github.io

Sorry for the inconvenience. In case I can check how my own are configured. The trickery is anyway only for the base system - then configuring and installing applications is like on Linux.

Regards,

Riccardo