Re: Base 1.28.1 API/ABI break?

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: Base 1.28.1 API/ABI break?
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2023 10:32:49 +0200

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
> > On 7 Jan 2023, at 18:42, Yavor Doganov <yavor@gnu.org> wrote:
> > But in this case we'll certainly miss the deadline and we'll end
> > up with Base/1.28.0 and GUI/0.29.0 in the new Debian release.
>
> How certainly?
> I could bump the gnustep-base release version today (8 Jan).

Well, I'm not sure we'll succeed even without this problem.  GUI is
not yet built on a bunch of architectures...  Reuploading Base means
another round through the so called NEW queue, then rebuilding GUI and
test-building all packages again.  Some of the autobuilders are
extremely busy these days so progress is slow.

We have only few days left, and there are other transitions already
approved that are entangled with GNUstep (tiff, imagemagick, poppler).

But given that Pantomime also fails to build (and who knows what else,
I mean third-party non-packaged stuff) perhaps it is safer to proceed
with a new release and try to do the impossible to catch the deadline.