Re: GNUMail running on macOS 12.6 (Apple Silicon)

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUMail running on macOS 12.6 (Apple Silicon)
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 16:04:09 +0200

Hi,

On 2022-09-26 12:05:41 +0000 Ondrej Florian <onflapp@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Hugo,

I am working on GNUMail extensively myself.
Just currious, did you get IMAP working?

I got POP3 working after some patching but IMAP is still problematic.

that is strange, both work since a long time and I use IMAP with GNUmail since years, even for reading and composing this right mail.

Support for attachment is still hit and miss. For example your message only shows as text.

That is, I fear, easily explained. Florian's message was written with Apple's Mail and the the message is HTML, which GNUMail does not support and won't in the near possible future. GNUMail supports Text and RTF. So it switches to the Text mail part, but somehow misses to display the attachments, which are not inline anymore. Tricky thing I fear.
Mozilla SeaMonkey handles it correctly instead.

Riccardo