Re: airyxOS has a new name: ravynOS

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: airyxOS has a new name: ravynOS
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 19:52:51 +0200

Hi,

Liam Proven wrote:
> It seems to at least mention Cocoa APIs... I don't know if that means GNUstep.

one of the screenshot "screams" GNUstep, it has the telling "gamma too
dark" NeXT grey default theme.
Most apps however are not native (e.g. firefox) and are wrappend.

They say however:

GNUStep is pretty good and their Cocoa implementation is much further
ahead than ours. We use the libobjc2 runtime from it. However, the way
it is packaged, the GS* extension classes, and various other things made
it "less than ideal" for ravynOS. Also I prefer BSD/MIT/Apache-style
licensing. That said, I'm open to using it if we can make it work.

That, plus Wayland, is telling.

Riccardo