Re: GNUstep on Hackernews

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Hackernews
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 20:25:47 +0100

Hi Gustavo,

Gustavo Tavares wrote:
> The Distribuition is a big cherry on top which to my eye, distracts
> from the power offered by the DevKit.
>
> This is the best DevKit.

you just proved what I wrote long ago. GNUstep has many souls: it is a
DevKit. It is the basis of a possible (or more than one) Desktop and
even a distribution.
Everyone wants to "see" it presented in one way or the other.

That's why I and others ("we") have choosen to be neutral: all aspects
are presented and you can choose the one you prefer.

Personally, I like it to be a Workspace environment and I have great
plans for it, but I don't want to force that on anybody, also because my
views of a Desktop are different from others that are pursuing it; yet
there is so much in common that can be done that it is just best to do it.

Riccardo