Re: GNUstep on Hackernews

From: Xavier Brochard
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Hackernews
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 19:38:32 +0100

Le 13.12.2021 14:35, Liam Proven a écrit :
As I have said more than once before, IMHO, the GNUstep project
*really* _NEEDS_ a version of a mainstream distro based on the desktop
environment, as a showcase.

NEXTspace hasn't released any binaries or an ISO yet as far as I know.
It needs that. Ordinary Linux users are not going to compile their
own.

The HelloSystem evaluated it and discarded it, and the GNUstep project
missed a _huge_ opportunity there. That made me very sad.

We all know that many projects never finished. Who can say what HelloSystem will be in a few months?

So why not help on NextSpace? I know that Serjii like to work alone, but we certainly can help in some parts, like bug tracking or starting an iso autobuilder like hello. Like others, I don't have so much time to give, already working on other projects, but adding little time with little time we can do something.

---
Librement,
Xavier Brochard xavier@alternatif.org
La liberté est à l'homme ce que les ailes sont à l'oiseau (Jean-Pierre Rosnay)