ffcall - forward:: or forwardInvocation

From: Marko Mikulicic
Subject: ffcall - forward:: or forwardInvocation
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 23:05:38 -0400

Hello,

Trying to a fix gstep-db forwarding problem I noticed that
ffcall-compiled base libs skip -[forward::] and call directly
-[forwardInvocation:]. If a class does only implement -[forward::]
it goes in infinite recursion and crashes.

Is it possible or I'm dreaming?

Why does NSProxy implement -[forward::] just to pass to -[forwardInvocation:] ?
Did the gstep-db devels use -[forward::] because of the lesser overhead
or because it's required for a root class ?

Any gstep-db devel or users out there ?

Marko

PS: I tried to compile all with libffi and then gstep-db worked perfectly. GDNC crashed. I understand ffcall is the preferred way right now, isn't ?

I'm sorry if this was already discussed in the list. The archives search
is poor, I alway feel that I miss a lot of results at each query (try read all them on a YW56k-YG28000bps modem on a noisy line :-)