Re: fosphor sink block error

From: Paul Atreides
Subject: Re: fosphor sink block error
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 10:19:12 -0500

Gwendoline:
I think you may have conflicting versions of GNURadio and/or Fosphor. I have had this error before as well.

I use fosphor on a daily basis on both GNURadio 3.8 and 3.9 and I can confirm that it does work on several different nvidia GPU’s as Sylvain said. I have had some issues relating to the drivers for the GPU, but they were usually not related to GNURadio. I also have a machine without a GPU and am running Fosphor using the Intel CPU implementation of OpenCL found here:

You should start by uninstalling all previous versions of GNURadio and Fosphor before continuing. You’ll need to make sure that all libraries have been removed from your system before trying anything else.

Then, follow the build procedure for GNURadio 3.9 as 3.7 is EOL.

For Ubuntu 20 you’ll also need to make sure your computer is actually using the NVIDIA driver as it sometimes defaults to the nouveau driver even if NVIDIA is installed.

<end transmission>