Re: OOT Binding problem

From: Ron Economos
Subject: Re: OOT Binding problem
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 02:51:06 -0800

I've never been able to get gr_modtool bind to work on 32-bit ARM architecture (Ubuntu on a Beagleboard-X15). I get the same error message.

Ron

On 12/14/21 2:15 AM, Fabien PELLET wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to write a simple OOT module. For exemple, I create a module "test" (gr-modtool newmod test) and I create a general block inside (gr-modtool add blablamodule) : everything fine up to this point.

If now I modify the file "blablamodule.h" I have do a "gr_modtool bind blablamodule" to update the file "blablamodule_python.cc" that is in python/bindings" (if I do not do this, the cmake will complain). I get in return after the parsing of my file "blablamodule.h" the following error :

ERROR error occured, while parsing element with name "Field" and attrs "['id', 'name', 'type', 'context', 'access', 'offset']"
Error: 'file'.
'file'

After several try without any success, I delete all file and recreate the module and the block using gr-modtool and then I try just after creating it without modifying it to execute "gr_modtool bind blablamodule" inside the fresh newly created module directory.... Same error !

I read that I need to get pybind11 with a version > 2.5 so I install it from source the v2.8 (well recognized as a cmake command tell that it detects the v2.8.1).

I'm on a raspberry PI4 with GNURADIO 3.9.4, PYTHON 3.7.3, PYBIND11 2.8.1. What am I doing wrong ?

I try on a other computer with GNURADIO 3.9.3, PYTHON 3.8.10 and I do not see the research of PYBIND11 but "gr_modtool bind blablamodule" is working well....

Thanks for your help,

Best regards,

Fabien, F4CTZ.