Re: Adaptation of Federico La Roccas ISDB-T blocks for DVB-T

From: Ralf Gorholt
Subject: Re: Adaptation of Federico La Roccas ISDB-T blocks for DVB-T
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 16:11:08 +0100

Hello Federico,

I have a lot of difficulties to generate the output and the tags for the blocks that follow my TPS Decoder in the flowgraph. That's why I had the idea to take a different approach.

The OFDM Synchronization block outputs the payload carriers (1705 in 2K mode) whereas the Demod Reference Symbols block that normally follows the FFT expects 2048 carriers. My question sounds certainly silly but would it be possible to fill in the missing carriers with zero carriers (amplitude and phase == 0) to get 2048 carriers again and thus be able to use the original DVB-T blocks? As far as I know, in DVB-T the carriers at the borders are all set to zero (and perhaps the one in the middle too). Perhaps this would be too simple to be true :-)

Regards,

Ralf