Hacktoberfest 2021

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Hacktoberfest 2021
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2021 10:10:47 +0200

Hi all,

and yes, whoops, it's already a week into October. But it's not too late
to remind folks that this month is Hacktoberfest
(https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/)!

Hacktoberfest is an event organized by a third party whom we have no
relationships with. Nevertheless, it's a fun event, and if you
participate, you can either get a t-shirt, or donate to having a tree
planted.

In order to participate, you need to sign up (see website link above),
and submit 4 valid pull requests. While we will make sure to dunk on
invalid/spam PRs, we will also make sure to either tag PRs as valid, or
make sure they get merged during this month. You can submit PRs against
any repository that has the 'hacktoberfest' tag to make them count
towards your score.

Of course, we encourage and welcome pull requests all year round, but if
you have any kind of improvement for GNU Radio and have been holding
back, now really is the time to submit them!

It doesn't matter if you submit small documentation updates, or major
bugfixes. Any contribution is welcome.
If you're looking for things to fix, then our issue tracker might give
you inspiration. For example, you can look for issues tagged "good first
issue":
https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22good+first+issue%22

Cheers all, and happy hacking!

--M