Re: How can install UHD 4 with gnuradio

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: How can install UHD 4 with gnuradio
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 20:48:15 +0200

Hi sp h,
On 05.10.21 15:14, sp h wrote:
> Hi, I had a question with Gnuradio 3.7.10 or 3.8, UHD version that is used is
> 3.13 or
> 3.15.

No, the GNU Radio version does not define the UHD version. You need to use the
UHD that
the GNU Radio you're using was compiled with.

If you're getting GNU Radio 3.7.1.0, your Linux distro is ancient anyway and
would need to
be updated in any case.

> I used the apt-get install command...

Exactly, so you get the version of UHD and GNU Radio that your Linux
distribution came with.

> How can install UHD 4 alongside Gnuradio 3.8on Debian/Ubuntu without
> compiling it...

At this point, there's no GNU Radio package on neither debian nor Ubuntu that
links
against a UHD 4 (debian experimental on RISC-V nonwithstanding. You're not
using RISC-V, I
bet.).
Also, it looks likely that these distros will ship GNU Radio 3.9 before they
ship UHD 4.0,
so that combination will probably never appear.

You can use conda[1] to get a GNU Radio 3.9 that links against UHD 4.1.0.1, if
I'm not
mistaken. Haven't tried it, though.

Best regards,
Marcus