Re: Releases v3.8.4.0 and v3.9.3.0

From: Glen Langston
Subject: Re: Releases v3.8.4.0 and v3.9.3.0
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 11:58:39 -0400

Hi Jeff,

Thanks again for everyone’s continued efforts.

We did get 3.8 working for several dongles, particularly the Airspy, air spy
mini, rtlsdr and limesdrs.   So that is great.

Unfortunately the SDRPlay folks did not have time to get the SDRplay
included in the 3.8 revision we got running and I’ve been struggling with that.

I’d been able to use apt-get and various build steps working before.
What I find difficult is that each revision has a new preferred build method.
I’d not needed PyBombs before now.

I’m trying to follow the PyBombs instructions but it is
failing at the UHD step, which I don’t want anyway. So at the moment
I’m googling how to not install UHD on a raspberry pi, so that I can go
to the next step.

A fairly simple question.   Is PyBombs required for 3.9 and 3.10
or could I go back to git clone and the build steps?

Thanks

Glen

, except that we could not get