Re: Releases v3.8.4.0 and v3.9.3.0

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: Releases v3.8.4.0 and v3.9.3.0
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 09:58:35 -0400

On 2021-10-01 7:34 a.m., Franco VENTURI wrote:
If you are running GNU Radio >= 3.9, there's also the native SDRplay module I
wrote a big ago (https://github.com/fventuri/gr-sdrplay3) - you can find the
announcement to this mailing list here:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2020-08/msg00001.html

Unfortunately it won't build on GNU Radio 3.8 because of SWIG.

Since it interfaces to the native SDRplay API (version 3.X), it doesn't require
SoapySDR or gr-osmocom; I haven't done any comparison with the other approaches
of interfacing with the SDRplay RSP devices (SoapySDR and gr-osmocom), but if
someone does, I would be really interested in hearing their results.

Franco

My personal preference when writing applications is to make them hardware-agnostic whenever possible, which is why I and am sure lots of others   prefer the gr-osmosdr or gr-soapysdr approach of abstracting the hardware interface.  This is particularly important when the flow-graphs you've   developed are going to be used by non-GR people, or even people who have no particular expertise in modifying software.