Re: re-synchronize data transmission when parameter changes

From: Huang Wei
Subject: Re: re-synchronize data transmission when parameter changes
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 12:21:08 +0100

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the reply.
If the timing of restart is random, can I reset the USRP set_start_time() to another future time, so the signal will start to transmit at that time after restart?
I am trying lock()-> disconnect all-> reconfigure usrp start time ->reconnect all -> unlock() inside the set_repeat(self) function, hoping each time I reset the repeat value, the signal restart at new USRP start time. But the signal always starts to transmit before the new start time.
is it a correct way to restart the transmission?

I really appreciate for all your help.

Best regards,
Wei

Marcus Müller <mmueller@gnuradio.org> 于2021年9月30日周四 上午11:38写道:
Hi Wei,

On 30.09.21 12:04, Huang Wei wrote:
> Hi Marcus,
>
> Thank you very much for the detailed explanation.
> Basically, in my case, the two repeat blocks will be connected to two USRPs separately,
> and they are operated through two PCs. So sharing one repeat block might not be very
> practical.

ah, ok. That's really a very different problem.

> My thought was, when you first execute the transmission, the two channels are synchronized
> until you change the repetition factor in the two repeat blocks. Is it possible that each
> time the repetition factor changes, the whole flowgraphs restart just like I click the
> execute button at the beginning, then they are synchronized again?

No, because the timing of the restart would be random.

Best regards,
Marcus