3D plots or image display in GR

From: Marcin Wachowiak
Subject: 3D plots or image display in GR
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 21:55:43 +0200

Hello,

I would like to experiment with some cyclostationary signal detection in GNU Radio.
In order to visualize the results, I need some kind of 3D plot or 2D image plot (to visualize matrix values). Having searched for similar topics on the internet and mailing lists I decided to ask here.

What could be the best approach to obtain such plots in GR? Should I try to introduce a new Qt block or use an embedded python block with matplotlib (create a sequence of plots, animation)? I can also do simple postprocessing after collecting the data but live visualization or one with tolerable latency would be most desirable. Maybe I can utilize some of the existing blocks like constellation sink and change the colours of points accordingly to values in the matrix?
Please let me know your thoughts.

Kind regards,
Marcin Wachowiak