Re: Regarding an error in the gr-packetizer

From: Vasil Velichkov
Subject: Re: Regarding an error in the gr-packetizer
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 18:19:56 +0300

Hi Yash Agrawal,

Welcome to GNU Radio!

On 28/08/2021 21.25, Yash Agrawal 18410 via GNU Radio, the Free & Open-Source
Toolkit for Software Radio wrote:
> I am currently working on the project "'Implementation of a packet
> encoder/decoder pair in the GNU radio framework'".I am getting some an
> error while running the project shown as:

Which Linux Distribution do you use and which version?
How did you install gnuradio and which version?
How did you install gr-packetizer and which version?
Have you done any modifications to gr-packetizer and if yes what?

> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute
> 'preamble_header_payload_demux'

A possible reason for errors like the above is undefined references/symbols in
the shared object file (.so).

If you've installed gr-packetizer from source you can check this by going in
its build directory and executing `ldd -r lib/*.so`. If you get any undefined
symbols then you must link the libraries that provide them.

Also in order to get a more meaningful error message you can change ImportError
to ModuleNotFoundError in gr-packetizer/python/__init__.py in case you are
using python3 or remove the try except block in case of python2.

See also https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/issues/4761

Regards,
Vasil