Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Changing the frequency of signal source at runtime

From: Chris Vine
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Changing the frequency of signal source at runtime
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 01:18:56 +0100

On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 13:47:26 -0400
Jeff Long <willcode4@gmail.com> wrote:
> With a recent GNU Radio 3.9, SoapySDR is supported, and there is a soapy
> sdrplay driver. This requires the sdrplay v3 API and service to be
> installed.

SoapySDR and SoapySDRPlay also work fine with the v2 API for the RSP1A
and gnuradio-3.9.  I use it myself (version 2.13.1) and prefer it to
the v3 API as it doesn't require a daemon process to be launched.  For
the RSP1A, the v3 API doesn't seem to offer anything that the v2 API
doesn't, as the RSP1A only offers a single hardware sampling device.