Re: Overrun using GRC Python block and USRP

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: Overrun using GRC Python block and USRP
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 18:59:46 +0200

It might be faster, and it will not compete with the rest of Python for the
single Python
global interpreter lock.

Important point: you usually do *not* develop your software directly on the
embedded
platform (ie. your pi); you'd normally start on a PC, develop, figure out how
fast it runs
there, identify the bottlenecks and then move it to the raspberry Pi when you
are somewhat
confident that it would still work on a slower machine than your PC.

However: 100 MS/s is definitely so far from possible to do on a processor like
the
raspberry Pi's that you don't even have to try, sorry. Also, the Raspberry Pi
has no
interface fast enough to even transport 100 MS/s, i.e. there's not even a USRP
that does
100MS/s that has an interface that would allow you to connect it to the
raspberry Pi. You
might want to explain what you're trying to build here! Maybe we have some
recommendations
on how to get you closer to what you need.

Best regards,

Marcus