Re: SDR branches selector

From: Glen Langston
Subject: Re: SDR branches selector
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 09:56:56 -0400

> On Jul 6, 2021, at 7:37 AM, Marcus Müller <mueller@kit.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi Yasir,
>
> On 06.07.21 06:07, Yasir ABBAS wrote:
>> Hello community
>>
>> I am using Gnuradio 3.7.
>
> Please don't. GNU Radio 3.7 is our legacy release, which we only still
> maintain because
> there's existing systems based on it.
>
> If you're now learning GNU Radio, you should be using GNU Radio 3.9 or 3.8,
> never 3.7.

Thanks for all your efforts Marcus (and all),

However I still feel that the GNU Radio project made a major error breaking so
much code in the transition from 3.7 to 3.8 and 3.9.  While we can each struggle
to update our own packages, it is very difficult to fix other’s packages that we
depend on.

Please, Please, Please, in the future, make great additions, but
without destroying older code.  This may mean that you’ll have multiple
methods for new system functions, but my guess it is much easer for ace
developers to
deal with parallel systems than application specific programers/developers.

Thanks

Glen