Re: spectrum analyzer problem

From: Fabian Schwartau
Subject: Re: spectrum analyzer problem
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 11:57:05 +0200

Hi Ali,
you should provide an example flow graph.
And I think I heard several times on this list, that you should not use
version 3.7 any more, as it is fairly old and not maintained any more.
Nevertheless, I hacked together a small flowgraph, where I cannot
reproduce your problem. I generate a QPSK constellation, the output RMS
value is 1 (which makes the peak values slightly larger than 1!) and the
1000 point FFT with a rectangular window shows -30 dB. When you generate
a constellation with 2 samples per symbol and make the symbol values to
have a value of 1, you will probably get 3 dB less than expected, as the
intermediate samples have less power than 1.
Attached is the flowgraph and the results.

Best regards,
Fabian