Custom block to apply Filler Data

From: Tim Huggins
Subject: Custom block to apply Filler Data
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 15:44:56 +0000 (UTC)

I am trying to create a custom block that outputs data if there is no input. The goal is to create a steady stream of data to the OFDM transmitter block even though the real source data is bursty. I've been working unsuccessfully to come up with a solution and I am starting to think it may not be possible. The idea would be to check the size of the input data and if it is 0 then send a filler pattern; is this possible?

Thank you,

Tim