My email address has changed

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: My email address has changed
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 11:14:27 -0300

Hi, it's adfeno from the Backlog Admin Group of the Free Software Directory.

I'm sending this email to let you know that my email address has changed to this one that I'm using, and if you want to, we can exchange encrypted emails using OpenPGP or some other method of confirmation.

Since I ended up moving to Gmail, the new email address I have may not please everyone here, but the change was due to many things including, but not limited to, the following:

a) due to changes on my daily schedule, I can't guarantee that I'll be able to contribute to projects in order to keep my account active, since my guaranteed free time ranges only from 07:00 to 08:00 (America/Sao_Paulo time zone) or at a previously scheduled/appointed time during vacations that I take generally between March and April (I'm on vacation now by the way, so we can schedule something over IRC, XMPP or GNU Jami);

b) from my experience, most gratis email providers close their service over time;

c) I don't have the knowledge, time or infrastructure to maintain an email service, although I do have the money to donate to some if they were to be based on Brazil, for which I found some candidates that are under evaluation;

d) inconsistencies during the email exchange when using other services if there is a need to send or receive email from common providers such as Gmail, although who caused it doesn't matter to me now;

e) my parents asked me to stay with one email address only, so as not to miss important messages related to family or job opportunities, for which I must also consider the fact that some websites or services don't allow changing email after creating the account.

I may change the email again, but this time only for volunteer work, since the other cases may conflict with item (e) or be affected by (d). On the other hand, this change might be entirely discarded due to personal schedule, connectivity limitations, overall slowness and redundancy.

As I said earlier, since I'm on vacation, we can schedule a meeting over IRC, XMPP, or GNU Jami.
--
* https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno
* Ativista, não advogado, nem técnico de informática