Re: Unapprove F-Droid like Replicant?

From: Narcis Garcia
Subject: Re: Unapprove F-Droid like Replicant?
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 20:31:12 +0200

El 23/9/23 a les 12:34, Yuchen Pei ha escrit:
On Sat 2023-09-16 23:19:48 +0200, Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli wrote:

[... 20 lines elided]

But there is also also another issue with the Android F-Droid client: we
don't know if it has nonfree dependencies or not.

To know that someone would need to build it without nonfree
dependencies like the nonfree Google Android SDK.

There are various ways to do that: Use PureOS, Use the Replicant 4.2
SDK, use Replicant 6.0 or 11 to build the F-Droid client, etc.

As a related question, if I want to develop an android app, how do I do
it using free software only? Is there a tutorial somewhere? The top
search results all point me to android studio which does not look free,
and the google android sdk mentioned above.

I would ask for recommendations here:
https://gitlab.com/fdroid/wiki/-/issues/

The only documentation I've found is how to build an already developed application:
https://f-droid.org/en/docs/Building_Applications/
and how to build&submit to F-Droid proposals:
https://f-droid.org/en/docs/Submitting_to_F-Droid_Quick_Start_Guide/

Best,
Yuchen

--
Timezone: UTC+10
PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0

--
Narcis Garcia